17-18 mai 2018 // Workshop on Neoplatonist Theology (Durham)
Workshop on Neoplatonist Theology
The Castle, Durham.
16th to 18th May, 2018
- 3:45 Welcome
- 4-5 Andreas Abele (Tübingen), ‘Vanishing Bodies. The Deaths of Plotinus and St Anthony of Egypt’
- 5-6 Robbert van den Berg (Leiden), ‘Chaos Theology: The Ancient Reception of Hesiod, Theogony 116-117’
- 10-11 Riccardo Chiaradonna (Rome), ‘Categories in Iamblichus’ De Mysteriis’
- 11-12 Wolfgang Polleichtner (Tübingen), ‘Towards the Reconstruction of Iamblichus’ Commentary on Aristotle’s Categories’
- 12-1 Mariapaola Bergomi (Milan), ‘Platonic and Stoic themes in Novatian’s De Trinitate’
- 2:30-4 Irmgard Männlein-Robert and Christine Rüth (Tübingen), ‘The “Tübinger Theosophie”’
- 10-11 Oliver Schelske (Munich), ‘The Argonautica of Orpheus’
- 11-12 Elsa Simonetti (Durham), ‘Theological Oracles’
- 12 Close
This workshop is jointly organised by the Universities of Durham and Tübingen. Attendance (with refreshments and lunch on Thursday) will be free, and all are welcome. If you would like to come to the conference dinner, which will be held in the SCR of Hatfield College on the Thursday, at a cost of around £40 (tbc), please contact George Boys-Stones by the end of Tuesday, 1st May. Thanks to the generosity of the Classical Association, we are able to offer bursaries to support graduate attendance: again, please contact George Boys-Stones if you might be interested.
Further information: www.dcamp.uk/events/neoplatonism/